Personalized Pathways, a sequence of interconnected courses and experiences driven by the student and their academic and career plan, connect strong academics with authentic experiences. It is an approach that helps all students perform at higher levels.
We are excited about this opportunity, which will expose high school students to a broad range of college, career and community opportunities. It’s also an opportunity for the community to connect with students and support them as they apply the skills they learn. By tapping into students’ interests, Personalized Pathways will increase the relevancy of the high school experience for all students and better prepare them for college, career and community.
All Madison high schools will be introducing the first Personalized Pathway, Health Services, during the 2017-18 school year.
Health Care Leaders Academy
Making a difference in the health and wellness of our community
Our students are empathetic and innovative problem-solvers, working together to improve the health and wellness of our community.
The mission of the Health Care Leaders Academy is to use the strength of our community’s diverse experiences to help students tackle real-world health and wellness problems. Lancers will build relationships in learning communities, participate in integrated, project-based learning, and connect school and community experiences. Through rigorous academics, site visits, and work-based experiences, students will be prepared to lead in college, career, and community.
Health Care Leaders Academy Graduates . . .
- Master critical-thinking and problem-solving skills and understand diverse perspectives within a rigorous, relevant, well-rounded curriculum
- Integrate their learning and collaborate, advocate, and lead through work-based learning experiences
- Reflect on their personal health to develop a lifelong wellness plan that adapts to life circumstances
- Develop and refine post-high-school plans that build on personal interests and strengths and include specific action steps
- Identify a health and wellness priority for the community, develop a culturally-responsive action plan that addresses barriers and optimizes wellness, and advocate for the plan with community members
Program of Study