Changing the Face of Information Technology and Communication
Our students are innovators who design and use technology to empower and amplify the voices of our global community.
The mission of the La Follette Information Technology and Communication (ITC) Pathway is to prepare our diverse students to seek out and solve problems as lifelong innovative learners. Their experiences in this pathway will include rigorous academics, visits with community entrepreneurs, and work-based opportunities. Lancers will build relationships in learning communities, participate in integrated, project-based learning, and connect school and community experiences.
La Follette ITC students will . . .
- Collaborate - Connect with diverse groups of peers and adults virtually and face to face.
- Persevere and Problem-Solve - Take risks, analyze, experiment and reflect when finding innovative solutions to real world problems.
- Create - Approach opportunities and challenges with an open, creative mind and a love for learning.
- Connect - Interact with the IT community, locally and globally, in order to gain authentic experiences.
- Communicate - Share thoughts and ideas through written, digital, and oral platforms.
- Develop and Refine - Master a process of goal-setting and project-management.
Program of Study
Here is the Program of Study for our ITC Pathway, offering a sequence of rigorous, interconnected courses throughout a Pathways student's high school experience.
Visit the district Personalized Pathways page, browse our Pathways Frequently Asked Questions, come to an upcoming informational session at your middle school, or contact the La Follette High School Pathway Learning Coordinator, Chrissy Mitlyng.